David Moyes confirms Everton target "quite a few" more signings

David Moyes confirms Everton target "quite a few" more signings

Everton have already made five summer signings and spent around 74 million pounds, but Moyes believes there is still plenty of work to do.

"We're still needing quite a few players to add to the squad. I'd like to do more if possible," Moyes told Sky Sports News. "We need to see how the remaining few weeks go."

Moyes was not prepared to reveal which positions Everton are targeting, but said the club are clear about what they need.

"I'm not going to tell you, but we're well aware of what's required, and we're working hard to try and make it happen," he said.

The Everton boss has been pleased with the club's recruitment so far, although two of their new arrivals, Tyrique George and Merlin Rohl, were already at the club last season before their moves were made permanent.

Hayden Hackney has also arrived after playing in the Championship, with Moyes warning that the midfielder may need time to adjust to Premier League football.

"I think it'll take Hayden a little bit of time to adapt from the Championship to the Premier League, which quite often it does for players coming from the Championship," Moyes said.

Christian Norgaard was signed to provide experience in midfield and help replace Idrissa Gana Gueye, although the new arrival is currently injured. Brennan Johnson has also joined following the swap deal that saw Dwight McNeil leave Everton.

Moyes believes the squad is starting to take shape but wants Everton to remain active in the market.

"We're putting things together, but we certainly feel behind the scenes that we've got a long way to go and want to do an awful lot more," he said.

Everton's opening Premier League fixture is against Crystal Palace on Saturday, 22 August at Hill Dickinson Stadium.

Related News

Jones set to depart Liverpool for Serie A giants Inter Milan

Jones set to depart Liverpool for Serie A giants Inter Milan

  • 25 minutes ago

Inter Milan have agreed a deal to sign Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones after all parties accepted the proposed move ahead of the start of their 2026/27 campaigns.

Joao Pedro pens new long-term deal with Chelsea

Joao Pedro pens new long-term deal with Chelsea

  • 4 hours ago

Chelsea have secured the services of forward Joao Pedro on a new long-term contract until 2032 ahead of the start of the 2026/27 English Premier League season.

Newcastle complete Amar Dedic transfer from Benfica

Newcastle complete Amar Dedic transfer from Benfica

  • 1 day ago

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Bosnia and Herzegovina international Amar Dedic from Benfica.

Virgil van Dijk urges 'patience' as Liverpool rebuild 'new-look' defence

Virgil van Dijk urges 'patience' as Liverpool rebuild 'new-look' defence

  • 1 day ago

Virgil van Dijk has admitted Liverpool's new-look defence will need time to develop, despite praising Ronald Araujo and Jeremy Jacquet as "good players".